FreeBSD 4.7 vs 4.8

Mikael Lönnqvist Mikael.Lonnqvist at qbranch.se
Tue May 20 00:09:10 PDT 2003

Hi Harry,
I would go for 4.8 if I where you. Don't know exactly what's in the
Additional CD's for 4.7, I seem to remember that it was 3 CD's just as for
4.8 (have them both installed) ?. It might be a replica of the ports skeleton,
But you will get all you need with 4.8...

You should read the documentation, the handbook for instructions on how to
Upgrade ports, of for that matter the OS itself,, if that's what you planning to do

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/synching.html

Just go for 4.8 and take it from there,,,

Best rgs from another Newbie
/Mikael