sound issues

Andrew Thomson ajthomson at optushome.com.au
Mon May 19 23:40:52 PDT 2003

probably more appropriate for questions at freebsd.

hmmm good.

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Thomson <ajthomson at optushome.com.au> -----

Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:48:15 +1000
From: Andrew Thomson <ajthomson at optushome.com.au>
To: gnome at freebsd.org
Subject: sound issues

This may well be more of questions at freebsd issue, however thought I'd
banter it round here first..

I generally have my mp3s playing all day however I've noticed that after
extended usage the mp3s stop playing and when I try and start it again,
I get the "could not open audio" window. This is using xmms.

esound is not running.

Also, if I try with mpg321, similar issue.

 ajt at athomson:~/mp3 > mpg321 Blueline\ Medic\ -\ Making\ the\ Noveau\
Riche.mp3
No default libao driver available.

The solution is to restart the computer! Bit of a dud.

Any thoughts?

cheers,

ajt.

pcm0: <Intel 82801BA (ICH2)> port 0xef00-0xef3f,0xe800-0xe8ff irq 10 at
device 31.5 on pci0
pcm0: measured ac97 link rate at 55937 Hz

FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7

 ajt at athomson:~ > fstat | grep dsp
 ajt at athomson:~ >