Booting problem again

David Banning david at skytracker.ca
Sat May 17 08:26:23 PDT 2003

> Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad2s2a
> Pid 43 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 8
> May 16 01:07:20: init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc
> Terminated abnormally. going to single user mode, enter full pathname of
> shell or RETURN for /bin/sh
>
> If I strike ENTER, I get:
>
> Pid 44 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 8
> May 16 01:08:24; init: single user shell terminated. Restarting.
> Enter full path name of shell or RETURN for bin/sh.
>
> If I hit ENTER again, I get the same as above, just with:
>
> Pid 45.
>
> Can anybody help?

You could try boot from the a cdrom if you have one, mount the drive
and then look around get more information.

I would try, from the the fixit system on the cdrom, trying to mount
different partitions to find out what partitions are mount-able.
You may then edit your /etc/fstab file (make a copy first).
Once you have more information on the condition of the drives,
you'll be in a better position to post your next question, or just
fix it.