Booting problem again

Teilhard Knight teilhk at Phreaker.net
Fri May 16 22:57:37 PDT 2003

Hi:

For those who know and remember, I had a booting problem with a kernel I
compiled in 4.8.

Now, I moved to 5.0, and I compiled my kernel here, and I now have what
seems a different booting problem. On booting the machine halts like
this:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad2s2a
Pid 43 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 8
May 16 01:07:20: init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc
Terminated abnormally. going to single user mode, enter full pathname of
shell or RETURN for /bin/sh

If I strike ENTER, I get:

Pid 44 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 8
May 16 01:08:24; init: single user shell terminated. Restarting.
Enter full path name of shell or RETURN for bin/sh.

If I hit ENTER again, I get the same as above, just with:

Pid 45.

Can anybody help?

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial