How can I mount a cdrom .bin file?\

Laszlo Vagner george at vagner.com
Wed May 14 19:54:45 PDT 2003

Joshua Oreman wrote:

>On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:07:32AM +0930 or thereabouts, Greg 'groggy' Lehey seemed to write:
>

>>On Wednesday, 14 May 2003 at 21:17:22 +0000, How Can ThisBe wrote:
>>

>>>Hello. I have a number of .bin CDROM images and I was wondering how I
>>>can mount them? I know how to mount .iso CDROM images but .bin is new
>>>to me :]
>>>

>>File name extensions are meaningless in UNIX.  You can call them
>>anything you want.  As somebody else observed, it might be a
>>proprietary format, in which case you're out of luck.  But don't
>>assume anything based on the name.  file(1) is your friend some of the
>>time, but it doesn't recognize ISO images.
>>

>Just not true. It does recognize ISOs.
>It worked fine for me, as well as the person I was helping :-)
>
>HTH,
>-- Josh
>

>>Greg
>>--
>>When replying to this message, please copy the original recipients.
>>If you don't, I may ignore the reply or reply to the original recipients.
>>For more information, see http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
>>See complete headers for address and phone numbers

That was a great little command! worked perfect!
I been messing with freebsd since 2.2.2 circa 1996 and still it amazes
me, now
if i could only remember all these commands.

That should be a good seller... a cheat sheet for freebsd with all the
good commands
listed but leave out the "ls" and more common commands.