Radius server and 3Com Total Control unit

Tom Smith tom at openadventures.org
Mon May 12 18:03:59 PDT 2003

I've got a 3Com Total Control unit serving as my analog dialin back. It
uses redundant Win2k Radius servers for authentication. The radius
database is Microslosh Access XP.

I'd really like to move away from the Win2k-based Radius servers. My
concern is that there are 3Com specific functions that require their
software (which includes the authentication daemons and the database).

My experience with Radius is limited to this setup.

Has anyone used a FreeBSD-based radius server? I'm looking for Pros and
Cons before committing to a switch.

Thanks.