signal usage in Pthread

misha misha at research.att.com
Fri May 9 11:21:33 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have been reading through archives, read Mueller's recent threads
article,
and crawled around freebsd.org documentation but could not find an
answer to
this question.

I am trying to port a multithreaded  application from Linux
to FreeBSD; the application uses SIGUNUSED signal (because
Linux threads utilize SIGUSR1 and 2 for themselves).
I am considering replacing SIGUNUSED with SIGUSR1 but am concerned
if FreeBSD threads aren't using them also.

Does anyone know if either user-level threads ( gcc -Pthread) or
kernel threads (gcc -kthread) use SIGUSR1 in a way that would preclude
using it in the application?

Thanks a lot for any info or pointers,
Michael Rabinovich