powerware ups 9125 3000va & netwatch client

Wiroth Didier freebsd at mcesr.etat.lu
Fri May 9 10:49:47 PDT 2003

hi,

I thought about porting a few of our servers to freebsd.
There are a few questions someone of you might be able to
answer me:

1) is someone successfully running a powerware 9125 UPS
with connectups-x web/snmp and netwatch (client software)
 under freebsd?

Netwatch is available for linux. So is someone running the
client successfully under FreeBSD (being able to shutdown
the server with netwatch binary
etc...)?

I have brandelf the netwatch and indeed it works but all
the scripts do not work :-((. So how do you start and stop
the netwatch daemon, as the netwatch init file does not
work for me on freebsd 4.8?

2) if netwatch is not working at all and I switch to a
serial interface, is there an
alternatif bsd client, example: nut??! I saw nut supports
the 9120 but not
the 9125?

thanks a lot for any tips
didier