what is /var/empty

Gavin Kenny gavinkenny at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 9 08:43:30 PDT 2003

OK nearly got my xe card working, foregot to enable
pccard in rc.conf (Doh)

however dmesg says the card is 100Mbps capable and
seems to load the driver but then prints the following
two lines:

module_register: module pccard/xe already exists!
linker_file_sysinit "if_xe.ko" failed to register! 17

Anyone got any ideas what these mean?

The card can be configured and runs at 10Mbps, but I
can't get it to run at 100Mbps which is crucial. Does
this driver run at 100Mbps?

cheers

Gavin

 --- Vince Hoffman <Vince.Hoffman at uk.circle.com>
wrote: > > 1) I usually put var in /usr/var and
softlink it.