no route to host

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Thu May 8 20:31:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:47:20PM +0200, Ronald Weinrich wrote:
> thank you Jez,
> could you please tell me what I have to do that my intranet can reach the dns on
> 213.47.28.160/28  the dns has 213.47.28.162 and also the router 213.47.28.161
Perhaps post your nat configuration, the network diagram, the netstat -ran output
and ifconfig output again so it's all in one mail.  In fact it might be
better for everyone (mainly you!) if you document your network fully
first - that way you'll understand better what you currently have and
what you want to achieve. You can then show that you've made every
effort to fix/understand it first (people like that:) and post the
document for others to help you.

I can't remember off the top of my head which freebsd documents you need
to read for NAT - for a start obviously there's the handbook, then have
a good look under /usr/share/doc/en/ - you might want to try:

grep " nat " /usr/share/doc/en -ri

That should give you a few ideas of the docs that include info on NAT -
by the looks of it it's mainly references in the handbook, although
there seems to be instances of 'nat' in the faq as well... have a
looksee :)

Regards,
Jez