freebsd on an old compaq

joefat joefat at mac.com
Tue May 6 18:41:17 PDT 2003

Hi Charlie

The Compaq (Now HP) Web site has a confusingly organised but very rich
resource of BIOS utilities etc. With some Compaq machines you need to
install a utility in order to gain full BIOS functionality.

Also, Doug is quite right, the FreeBSD boot floppies use the whole disk
so there is no room for a dud sector. Use a new disk to be sure.

Hope this helps

Matt