INSTALLING FREEBSD

Jim Mock jim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 28 12:08:59 PST 2003

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 11:39  AM, John Johnson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please I have a computer with Windows 98 and not connected to the
> Internet and I want to install FreeBSD on it. How can I possibly go
> about it?
>
> I have previously downloaded something that was supposed to be freeBSD
> but it did not open. And then there is this FTP sites offering the
> software. how can i download from the FTP sites bearing in mind that I
> have a Windows machine.
>
> How can I get the startup disks.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/install.html

I suggest reading through the web site and the available documentation.
  If you'd done so, you'd have answered all of your own questions.

- jim

--
- jim mock.     email: mij at soupnazi.org     web: http://soupnazi.org -
- freebsd project: jim at FreeBSD.org    opendarwin: mij at opendarwin.org -