pkg_create problem

Carl Morley bsdmn at webize.com.au
Thu Mar 27 16:34:05 PST 2003

Hi,

I accidentally tried to install a new port without deinstalling (or
otherwise updating) the old one.  Now when I do a make deinstall (on the
new port) I get a prefix error.  If I supply the /usr/local prefix then
the deinstall works, but the make install doesn't.

It gets to the pkg_create phase and then spits out " pkg_create: only
one package name allowed ('easy' extraneous)".  Even though a pkg_info
doesn't list anything as being there.

Is there some pkg registration file/database that I must totally purge
to continue?

Cheers,
Carl.

Webize Pty Ltd