Diagnois network issues (packet sniffing, bandwidth testing, etc.)

jaime at snowmoon.com jaime at snowmoon.com
Thu Mar 27 10:02:18 PST 2003

	I have some issues at work which might be network issues.  For
example, I sometimes see slow response times on file sharing.  Can anyone
suggest a set of tools on FreeBSD (preferably in the ports, but I can use
make if I have to) to look for problems like extra protocols, ethernet
collisions, bandwidth utilization, etc.?

	At worse, I'm going to spend $1500 on EtherPeek and run it on an
iBook.  I just think that there is probably something more useful and/or
less expensive on FreeBSD.

						Thanks in advance,
						Jaime