CVSup over an SSH tunnel

benjamin everist everistb at naswi.navy.mil
Thu Mar 27 09:53:53 PST 2003

There seems to be a wealth of information on using CVSup over a ssh tunnel,
all of which I am apparently too dense to understand.

Please take pity on me:

I have a machine inside a NATing firewall that needs to cvsup, but cannot
connect via port 5999.
I have a machine outside that firewall that doesn't need to cvsup, but can
connect via port 5999
ssh is permitted out of the firewall, and is running on both machines above.
no changes are allowed to the firewall.

Can I create a tunnel from the inside machine to the outside machine to a
cvsup server and thus become happy and sane again?

Thanks,

Benjamin Everist