disklabel - 8th partition shows "X" as Partition name

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Mar 26 16:39:22 PST 2003

Anyone seen something like this?

I'm running 4.8RC1, I have a ~345Gb drive (RAID), that I am partitioning
into 43Gb chunks (8 of them).. I'm using sysinstall..  on my last chunk,
it shows "X" as the partition name and the rest is ok.  The other
partitions are amrd0s1e,f,g,h,a,b,d..  Am I out of "letters"?  What
about "i"?  What can I do to fix this?

Eric