Ports Name changes

bsd at perimeter.co.za bsd at perimeter.co.za
Mon Jun 30 01:19:49 PDT 2003

Hi all.

Occasionally ports have their names changed (as happened yesterday with
autoconf and automake).  Now when I run portupgrade I keep getting warnings
that the names have changed, though there is no upgrade required.

What steps should I follow to correct the names of my installed ports to
match the latest names in the ports tree?

would a portupgrade -f of each renamed port do the trick?  Or would that be
like using a bulldozer to skim a bowl of custard?

Regards,
Patrick.