Online Content Management Tool - question

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Thu Jun 26 18:20:03 PDT 2003

[Roger Merritt wrote (mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th) on 6/27/03 12:06 AM]

>> Zope can be as big or small as you need and is certainly in no way limited
>> to weblogs.
>
> Well, thanks for telling me. If I have time I'll take another look at it,
> but I was frankly daunted by their website.

zope.org is really a mess. a new site is being worked on.

> I got the impression that zope
> was primarily designed for weblogs and outside news feeds, and it seems to
> be *big*.

zope is an application server, so you can do most anything you like.

> The intranet I'm trying to set up will have pretty static
> content, but I want to use a content management system to make it easier
> for the teachers to update their course outlines and homework assignments.

Zope +CMF +plone (plone.org) can help you here.

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "Quality Zope Hosting"
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738