Online Content Management Tool - question

Roger Merritt mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th
Thu Jun 26 17:06:50 PDT 2003

At 06:54 PM 6/26/03, you wrote:
>[admin wrote (admin2 at enabled.com) on 6/26/03 3:57 PM]
>
> >> Zope looked to me like overkill for my needs, and I don't really
> >> want a blog site.
> >>
> > Roger,
> >
> > thanks for the heads up here.  what is a blog site?
>
>Zope can be as big or small as you need and is certainly in no way limited
>to weblogs.

Well, thanks for telling me. If I have time I'll take another look at it,
but I was frankly daunted by their website. I got the impression that zope
was primarily designed for weblogs and outside news feeds, and it seems to
be *big*. The intranet I'm trying to set up will have pretty static
content, but I want to use a content management system to make it easier
for the teachers to update their course outlines and homework assignments.

Incidentally, I wanted to emphasize that my problem (mentioned earlier)
with MkDoc was due to my own lack of skills. I think if I'd had more time
to play with my /etc/hosts file and my http.conf I could have had it
working. I don't think there's any problem with MkDoc, and it looks really
good. I liked their default templates, and they claim to strongly implement
the W3C standards for accessibility.

--
Roger