Burning audio cd with burncd command

david dvelez502 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 26 15:06:05 PDT 2003

Hello, I'm using freebsd 5.0 Jan 2003 series

I read the freebsd handbook on mp3 and making
audio cd's. First I use the mpg123 command to
convert the mp3's to wavs in 16 bit 44.1k stereo,
then I use the sox utility to remove the headers
that produces the pop click sound at the begining
of each track. Then I burn the cd using burncd.

I still get the pop click sound when I play the audio cd.
Is there a switch missing in the command syntax
I'm using?

mpg123 -w - anysong.mp3 > newsong.wav

sox -t  wav -r 44100 -s -w -c 2 newsong.wav new-song.wav

burncd -f /dev/acd1c -s 8 audio *.wav fixate

If you had a similar situation, let me know how you fix
the problem. Any suggestions is helpful

Thanks