regarding SDR/VIC with FreeBSD

Abhinandan_Som at NAI.com Abhinandan_Som at NAI.com
Tue Jun 24 07:23:24 PDT 2003

Hi,
I have this setup for mbone on a box with FreeBSD 4.8 where I have a Brooktree878 WinTV card and have installed the drivers properly and enabled the kernel to do multicast routing.

However, whenever I launch VIC through SDR and try to select the proper device for my video, it shows me "meteor" as one of the available devices and does not show the actual bt878 device. Everything works fine and it actually uses the bt878 card, but for some reason displays the meteor as the available device. What is the cause for this?

Thanks in advance
-abhi