HID complient keyboard issue

The Supreme Fool. kendanie at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Jun 21 20:29:30 PDT 2003

hello.

I have an amd duron 750 with damaged onboard plugs for
keyboard and mouse. due to this, i am using a $40 device
for keyboard + mouse -> usb port. my bios is also set to
emulate this as if it were the onboard keyboard. setup for
some reason comes up with an error when i press the
down cursor on my keyboard.  it loses the 'face' of the setup
menu, and drops back to what seems like the underlying
command prompt system. with an error about a bad keystroke.

any idea's? or do i just disable keyboard emulation?

- kendanie at slingshot.co.nz