Strange formatting error with pkg_info after using portupgrade

Rev. Joe Doyle Ardent ardent at nebcorp.com
Thu Jun 19 19:23:17 PDT 2003

	Hello, everyone, I have a fairly strange error, that has popped
up on both machines where I have used portupgrade (both 4.8-RELEASE
boxes).  Here is an example output:

please:~> pkg_info |head
BitTorrent-3.2.1b   "Peer to Peer file sharing/mirroring."Mesa-3.4.2_2
A graphics library similar to SGI's OpenGL
ORBit-0.5.17        High-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language
XFree86-4.3.0,1     X11/XFree86 core distribution (complete, using mini/meta-po

	Note how Mesa's entry begins immediately after the last
character of BitTorrent's.  The behavior seems to be that if a package
has been installed/upgraded with portupgrade, it eliminates the terminal
newline from the pkg_info listing.  Running pkg_info with a particular
package as an argument works fine.  pkgdb reports that the database is
uncorrupted and up-to-date.  The only effect seems to be this fairly
annoying display bug, but nothing that is impairing the functionality of
the system in a serious way.

	Thank you in advance for any help/insights/hints.  Have a good
day.

-Joe