Two DNS servers with one IP address

Scott Kupferschmidt sk at isprime.com
Tue Jun 17 19:55:20 PDT 2003

Hello,

It certainly is possible to register two nameservers with the same IP
address.  While it serves no real purpose to do so, if you require 2 NS's
then you can.  Check with your registrar.  We do that here on our virtual
servers just because it's easier and really, if the server goes down,
that's it.  No point in having the DNS up if the entire server is down for
us.

The exception to the rule is where we have other NS's for everything else
that is redundant, especially for dedicated customers.  Hope this helps
out.

Sincerely,

Scott Kupferschmidt
ISPrime, Inc.