Networking/Routing

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Jun 17 16:46:42 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 06:51:59PM -0400 I heard the voice of
Bill Moran, and lo! it spake thus:

> 192.168.2.0 is not a valid IP address.  The last number must be somewhere
> between 1 and 254 (inclusive).

Well, just to be anal about it...   false.
192.168.2.0 is a perfectly valid IP address in any number of cases; for
instance, it's a fine address about 3/4 of the way through the
192.168.0.0/22 subnet.

Of course, sticking it (or any other address, except in some cases which
don't apply here) on loopback is just silly.  The addresses used in the
SLIP attachment make a lot more sense.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net