Network Problem with custom kernel

Rohit Neupane bikrant at wlink.com.np
Mon Jun 16 21:45:30 PDT 2003

Hi,
I'm new to freebsd. I'm using 4.6.2-RELEASE. After compiling a custom
kernel I'm getting  problem in the network. When I try to ping any
machine I get message "ping: sendto: No route to host" I can't even
ping  the localhost .
I guess my network interface is properly detected. ifconfig shows my
network interface is xl0
I've allowed everything in the firewall on the very first rule.
These are the options I've put in the kernel

device miibus
device xl

options INET
options INET6
options MROUTING
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPDIVERT
options IPFILTER
options IPFILTER_LOG
options IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
options IPSTEALTH

I guess I'm missing something. Also, how can I  do "make distclean" (as
in linux) if I want to recompile then kernel ?
Thanks a lot.

regards,
Rohit Neupane