cant get netscape or mozilla installer to run.

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jun 13 06:45:47 PDT 2003

SweeTLeaF wrote:
> I am running the latest 5.1 rel with linux emulation. I downloaded the
 > mozilla and netscape installers from their own sites and am having
 > problems when trying to run the ./netscape-installer or the
 > mozilla-installer. the error i am getting a error that it cant find
 > libgtk-1.2.so.0. i ran a find for this file and it does not appear to
 > be on the system and i cant find it on the ports site. any help would
 > be appreciated.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have an alternative.

Use the ports or packages to install these programs.  They have any
tweaks needed to make them run included and they know about dependencies
so you won't get the "can't find file" errors.

See the handbook here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

--
Bill Moran