FreeBSD Port/Distribution Installation

Rohit rohitvis at rogers.com
Thu Jun 12 23:38:55 PDT 2003

I went through the same problem. I think what you are refering to is that you
are not quite sure how to start netscape or emacs. Although you have
installed it in your system, you are not certain where it is right?

Well, the ports system should place whatever programs you install in your
PATH.
So, the command you would use to find out where netscape or emacs is installed
is:

bash$-> whereis emacs
bash$-> whereis netscape

that should tell you where emacs or netscape.  But if you HAVE installed them
and they are in your path then they should just start when you type "emacs"
or "netscape"

Hopefully this helps

Rohit