Starting applications

Rod Person opensourcebeef at hotpop.com
Thu Jun 12 16:12:26 PDT 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:39:15 -0600
Ken Thompson <spooky at cableone.net> wrote:

> I have FreeBSD 5.0 installed and working pretty good but being so new to it I
> find myself a bit lost.
> I used the portinstall webmin command and it looked for all the world like it
> grabbed the package, compiled it and installed it. Now I can't get it to
> start and can't seem to find any executible or any command to make it start
> (service webmin start in Mandrake 9.0).. I have the same problem with Apache,
> it's not started during boot and I can't figure out how to get it started..
> Can someone rescue me??

/usr/local/sbin/apachectl -start will start apache manually

/usr/local/lib/webmin has the setup script but if you installed from ports it should have prompted you with the default port to connect to. Start you web browser and connect to http://localhost:portnumber if you set for secure connections use https

Rod