* FreeBSD AntiVirus Solutions *

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Jun 11 18:50:26 PDT 2003

Olivier Nicole wrote:
>>We have noticed that Kaspersky and Sophos are placed at your web site but we
>>wonder if we have any other / new alternatives more then these two SW ?
>
> We've been using Kaspersky for more than a year, no problem with the
> product itself, but the sales team is a bit unresponsive (don't expect
> them to warn you when you need to renew your licence, had to threaten
> them to get them replying to me, etc.)

I can't recommend Kaspersky.  I had a bad experience with them, the product
never worked, and they stopped responding to all communications when we
told them we wanted our money back.  Being overseas, there was little we
could do but bite the bullet.

Sophos has been running ever since then.  It's fast and reliable.  It's
definately expensive, but they seem to do a real good job of having up-to-
date profiles of all viruses.  We automatically d/l and install updates
nightly and have never had a problem.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies