Pkgdb corrupted : doesn't recognized installed ports

Viny viny at scientiae.net
Wed Jun 11 14:56:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 05:43:22PM -0400 or thereabouts, Robert Huff may have written :
> 	make a copy of the db
> 	delete the db
> 	rebuild the db from scratch
>
> 	The last may take a while, depending on how fast your machine
> is, but it may save you a lot of grief.
> 	Then run pkg_version (or equivalent) and update as desired.

	Thanks for the answer.

	What exactly do you call the db ? /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db ? or the whole
directory /var/db/pkg ?
	Upon examination it seems that some files disappeared with the crash.
Actually, some +CONTENTS files to be more precise. Which explains I can't do
anything with these ports.
	If there was a way to build /var/db/pkg from scratch I'd be very
happy =) Else, I plan to retrieve the cvs ports files matching the versions of
the programs installed on my computer and reinstall them.

	Viny