/dev/tty keeps changing permissions..?

Thomas Park tpark at drivespeed.com
Tue Jun 10 18:09:19 PDT 2003

> > It seems to work for me on a rebuilt OpenSSH 3.5p1 (I'm running a
> > -CURRENT from January, and I still had the source tree around).  I'd
> > expect it to do the same on 3.6, that source file doesn't
> seem to have
> > been changed much (the line number is the same ;).
> >

> Works for me on OpenSSH 3.6.1p2 (FreeBSD 5.0) as well; it
> appears that you can replace the ssh binary and be back in
> business.  ^_^

Quick note - this change appears to break "rsync" - probably due to some
flow control check being skipped.  One interesting symptom is that rsync
prompts you for the password, your password will be echoed to the
terminal as you type it (and rsync never recieves it).

Unsure if this is an issue with rsync directly or the fact that I'm
calling it from a script - I'll try to look into this a little
further...

thomas