nutball video question

yussef yussef at claygirl.org
Mon Jun 9 21:48:18 PDT 2003

If i understand what you want to do, i have something similar setup. i
stuck my tv card [device bktr] in my headless server. Installed X on
the server, along with xawtv and fxtv. i then ssh -X into the server
from a client running X, i then execute the command for one of the tv
viewing apps mentioned above, and it pops up on the client. It does
such up most of the bandwidth on my 100base lan, but if you're talking
small res and dont mind slightly low updates, its fine.
my goal for this system was actually to turn the system into a bit of
a pvr, having it record tv programs so i could watch at my own
convenience.
good luck

yussef