How to configure Wireless access with WEP on a laptop AND use DHCPin/etc/rc.conf

Christian Sauer christian at endrun.org
Tue Jun 3 20:29:21 PDT 2003

John Merryweather Cooper said:
[- snip -]

> So, currently, my configuration line looks like:
>
> ifconfig_wi0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid some-ssid wepmode
> on wepkey some-128-bit-key"

put the "ifconfig wi0 ssid some-ssid wepmode on wepkey some-128-bit-key"
command into /etc/start_if.wi0

> And it works fine, provided I run dhclient manually.  But I can't just
> replace the dummies with DHCP (been there, it doesn't work).

and then in /etc/rc.conf, you can go back to ifconfig_wi0="dhcp"

> How should I do this?
>
> jmc

-Christian

--
Van Buren: "He probably thought a 9mm divorce would be cheaper"
Briscoe: "..And less bloody"

-Law & Order: Season 9 _Formerly Famous_