/ is filling up

Zev Thompson zev at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 3 13:38:14 PDT 2003

The usual solution I use would be (starting in the root directory) "du -kx
| sort -n". The x flag prevents crossing partitions when doing the
recursive analysis that du is meant to do, while the k flag makes the
output in kilobytes. I like this command enough that I have a shortcut to
it in my .bashrc called "dk". Check the man page for du for other options
if you want. Hope this helps.

Zev