DNS error or idiot on parade

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Sun Jun 1 23:27:23 PDT 2003

I am trying to setup a nameserver for a domain and I have been reading
the DNS/Bind book from O'Reilly and I somehow got the private IP showing
up when I try and ping from a remote site. Whenever I type in ping
www.example.com, it tries to ping 192.168.1.20 instead of the external
IP. I don't have this IP in my named.conf or example.com db file
anywhere...anymore :). I have reloaded my named daemon and it reports no
errors in the message log. How can I fix this so that it resolves to the
correct IP?

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I will chant your name as a
mantra for a week.
--
Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar.net>