linux_llseek

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.no-ip.com
Thu Jul 31 17:33:49 PDT 2003

Hmm.  If I remember correctly, the linux_llseek() call is just a hack
to add a wider-than-32-bit lseek(2) type call without touching
anything already in the system.  I may be confused, though.

In any case, this doesn't really make sense, because it's really just
a wrapper around a system call (at least, the normal lseek() is, and I
can't imagine why any variant would be implemented much differently).
The output may be some kind of artifact caused by the kernel dive, but
I don't know why that would happen, either...  maybe a -hacker would
know.