5.1 Hangs on boot

Hasse webmaster at swedehost.com
Mon Jul 28 07:40:53 PDT 2003

Hi everybody.
Got a problem with my desktop running FreeBSD 5.1, hanging on boot.
Connected to Internet via adsl and a  FreeBSD 4.8 NAT Gateway-box.
> uname -a
FreeBSD thor.swedehost.com 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE
#0: Sat Jul 26 16:35:38 CEST 2003
hasse at thor.swedehost.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THOR  i386

Stopping at Entropy harvesting.
I have to press "CTRL+C" to continue booting.
Then everything works as it's supposed to. ( I think ? )
Frankly, I don't have a clue on what I'm doing,
but I've disabled ACPI in my /boot/device.hints file
to get my floppy drive to work, and I've commented out all
SCSI devices exept device scbus, and all Raid in my kernel,
because I don't have any.

<Snip from bootmessage>
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s3a
Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_point
</Snip>

I've tried to find some info about it at :
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/relnotes-i386.html
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.1R/errata.html
but I don't seem to get it, (or understand it .-)

Any tips, detailed instructions or solutions would be most appriciated.

Best Regards
Geir Svalland.