Newbie problems with X11, Xf86

Benjamin Gonzalez ben at missingpixel.net
Thu Jul 31 10:08:47 PDT 2003

I installed X-Free86 - 4.2.0_1,1 from my  Free BSD Cd using sysinstall and
cannot get it to run.  I see the directory X11R6 under /usr, I run
'xf86config' and it says 'command not found'.  I typed 'XFree86 -configure'
and it also says 'command not found'.  I've looked for a file called
/etc/X11/XFree86Config and it says 'No such file or directory'.

I went back through sysinstall and reinstalled the X11 packages including
XFree86-4.2.0 and still I get the above results.

Could someone please explain what I am doing wrong, this is becoming
frustrating.

Thanks.