Announce Broken Ports

Leonardo Lazarte llazarte at mat.unb.br
Fri Jul 25 10:00:34 PDT 2003

As seen in several messages to this and other lists, the PORTS
mecanism has been broken.

I have read about some patches and possible solutions, but I
could not find an easy way to overcome the problem.

Shouldn't it be announced clearly, on the FreeBSD site, that
there is a problem with PORTS, perhaps pointing to some
temporary solution, until the problem is solved?

I have used FreeBSD for a decade, and it is the first time
that I have to change the OS version due to problems broght
from the distributions.

Thanks to anyone which could look into this,

Leonardo