Remap mouse buttons for remote X serverss

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 06:33:32 PDT 2003

Hi gang,
I've recently started using NCD Explora's to connect to my FreeBSD
server. They are quiet, reasonably fast, and small. Unfortunately,
NCDware has some odd quirks.

The first is that it only supports a two-button mouse. What's odd is
that when I run xev, it reports button1 and button3? (I have a wheel
mouse attached - but the wheel button doesn't show up).

I'd like to chord the mouse buttons, but I'm not sure how to do that,
given that I'm no longer running X locally. IOW - I'd like to be able to
use cut and paste in xterms again.

The other is that the page-up key doesn't work correctly. However, I
think that may be "fixable" with xmodmap.

Thanks,
Seth Henry