Networking-SLIP

Bryan W. Maxwell bryanm at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jul 8 11:03:26 PDT 2003

Ive used slattach and ifconfig, to configure my SLIP connection. However
when I use tcpdump, I dont see any packets being sent. What could be the
cuase of this? If I try to cat > /dev/cuaa0 it says the device is busy. Yet
i plug the serial cable into an oscilloscope and dont see any packets
coming down the line. All the levels for the serial cable seem to be at
minus 10. Ive tied pins 1 4 and 6 together to create a dumb 3 wire cable.
Im connecting to a pic micro server which should be looking for its IP via
slip connection to the computer. Any hardware/software tests or any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Bryan