wget

Rus Foster rghf at fsck.me.uk
Tue Jul 8 10:13:15 PDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Al-Rashid Tamara Contractor USTC wrote:

> I'm trying to download the wget networking utility on FreeBSD 4.8 and I'm
> continuously receiving the "host not found" error message.  What am I doing
> wrong?

Hi,
If you are getting host not found it either meants that the hostname it is
looking up e.g. www.freebsd.org is wrong or does not exist. You might also
want to check /etc/resolv.conf. If you are just using wget to download one
file try the FreeBSD command "fetch" which is similar for single files

Rgds

Rus

 --
www: http://www.65535.net       | Hosting - Shell Accounts