Soekris machines

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Wed Dec 31 10:58:13 PST 2003

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 13:57, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Anyone has set one of those up?
> In particular how did you communicate with the machine? Do I need a null
> modem cable? Which program you used and settings? From the ports it seems
> minicom may do the trick.

It's working like a charm with FreeBSD.
Especially phk has extended FreeBSD with lots of nice features for ElanSC520/
Soekris (like errLED device, setable X-Tal freq, ELAN timecounter etc.)

I use "tip" for the serial console (with nullmodem cable)

There are a lot of reports/articles about net4501 and FreeBSD/OpenBSD out
there....

-Harry