Fynamic DNS updates with isc-dhcp3 port?

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Dec 31 08:44:44 PST 2003

I just installed the isc-dhcp3 on a 4.9 STABLE machine that is also the DNS
server for my domain.

I enable ad-hoc Dynamic DNS updates, and I;m getting error messages about
them timing out. I read the dhcpd.conf man page that came with the port,
and now I;m _reallY_ confused.

Even though this option is in the sample config file, it;s documented as
not working. Worse I don't see the syntax of what to put in it's place in
that man page.

Also do I have to configure bind to accept this updates?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin