What logs etc do I need tocheckfrequently?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sun Dec 28 07:27:57 PST 2003

Joachim Dagerot writes:

>  I realise you are right. The thing is that this is a home system
>  and I have (had!) around 230 GB of data that was
>  non-replicable. I am not aware of a deasent backup system that
>  can handle that amount of data.

	There are systems that will put 160 GB (uncompressed) on a
single tape ... they'll just run you $3000-3500.
	If, on the other hand, you think of it as a yearly full dump
(split over multiple tapes) plus monthly incrementals then a DLT
8000 ($1000 ??) at 40 GB (uncompressed) will do just fine.

				Robert Huff