Mouse problems in XFree86

Alain Fabry alainfabry at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 01:30:10 PST 2003

   All,

   I've installed FreeBSD 4.7-Release, everything is fine. When
   configuring the mouse deamon with /stand/sysinstall, the mouse works
   correctly. Configuration of XFree86 server works fine aswell.

   When I load my KDE wm with startx (or with KDM), I have a problem with
   my mouse. Whenever I move the mouse, it goes back to the upper left
   corner of my screen - which makes the mouse useless and makes it also
   impossible to run KDE. I've already tried with other window managers
   (GNOME) but the same problem happens.

   Plain old serial mouse connected to com1.

   What do I need to do to solve this problem?

   Thanks in advance.

   Alain

   [1]Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months
   @$9.95/month!