FreeBSD 5.1 Installation problem

Admin admin at sycos.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 09:35:12 PST 2003

Dear Sir/ Madam,

After installing the FreeBSD minimum installation, I, installed the ports using the sysinstall. But, when I tried to install XFree86 package, it failed to complete the installation. Now, it has corrupted the root (/) and /tmp partition. After running the fsck command manually on root, I recovered the root file system, but, it won't let me recover the /tmp filesystem.

I desperately need help to continue with the installation. Please advise a.s.ap.

Kind Regards

Gurdial Chandra
Sycos AES