FreeBSD and SATA

Robert Wall bob at web-walrus.com
Tue Dec 16 13:57:36 PST 2003

I've got a Serial ATA setup, nice shiny new Dell machine here.  I'm
attemptiong to do a floppy-based FreeBSD install.

I get through loading the kern disk, and it prompts me to insert the
mfsroot disk.  When I insert the mfsroot disk, it does a hardware probe,
and chokes.  It tells me that filesystem / is full, and tosses up a kernel
panic.  I believe the message is "not going anywhere without my init".

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong here?

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob at web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"