Newbie NFS problem

sundeep.puliccott at wipro.com sundeep.puliccott at wipro.com
Wed Dec 10 22:34:20 PST 2003

Hi,
    I am currently using FreeBSD 4.8 and I have a
problem with NFS.

     FBSD-A-----------------FBSD-G

On the box FBSD-A I have set up a cvs repository
I want to have box FBSD-G as the working server.
I have mounted the cvs repository on FBSD-G with NFS.

Problem :
I checkout the repository at FBSD-G. After a couple
of files are checked out the whole session hangs. It
has something to do with NFS as I am not able to umount
the NFS. I get the message device busy.

I am not sure what logs to look at. Dmesg does not have any
info. Prior to the cvs checkout, the files were accessible
on the mounted fs.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA
Sundeep